Location: South East but other locations considered
Starting Salary £20,500 per year
Holidays / Lieu Time
11 weeks / 55 days holiday per year. This is taken during the school holiday
A day in lieu will be given for each week where 5 or more days days are worked in school. This time will be taken within term time.
At the point where the instructor has worked for us for a year the salary will rise to £21,500 per year
Duration: Full Time
The successful candidate will be required to run a combination of Maths Problem Solving Workshops, Escape Room based activities and Team Building Activity Days throughout the UK.
Our workshops and activity days are run in school halls and outside in school grounds throughout the academic year. Our Maths Workshops allow children of 4 years through to teenagers to participate in hands on large maths puzzles and challenges.
An interest and enthusiasm for maths is useful although full training will be given. Such workshops are generally undertaken alone and the instructor will be required to work with classes of up to 30 children at a time.
Our Team Building Days provide large numbers of students with the opportunity to take part in problem solving and team building challenges. Such days can be undertaken alone or with large teams of other instructors.
Full training and Support will be given to the successful candidate.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The successful candidate will be required to run Activity Days throughout the UK.
- Ensuring curriculum links are met.
- Running a timetabled day ensuring strict timekeeping.
- Creating rapport with teaching staff and students.
- Liaising with school staff on the day.
- Driving a company van.
- Leading large groups of staff for our larger days.
- Working on our maintenance / development program.
- Ensuring a professional view of the company at all times.
Qualifications / Skills
- Current DBS
- Maths GCSE essential / A level or above desirable
- Outdoor leadership qualifications desirable
- Full UK driving License
- Experience of working with Primary and Secondary School aged students
- Comfortable speaking to groups of students and teachers
- Comfortable with City Driving
- Have some experience of leading a team
- Happy to stay away from work – The successful candidate will be expected to run workshops throughout the UK and therefore must be flexible in hours worked and be willing to undertake overnight stays in hotels paid for by the company. A sustenance allowance will be given.
- Flexible approach to work
For more information on what we offer please visit: http://www.theproblemsolvingcompany.co.uk