The Silent Countdown is the perfect activity if you want your group to think carefully about what is going on within a team.
The group will need to sit in a circle and everybody will need to wear a blindfold. This can be done in smaller groups of approx 10.
The challenge is for them to count to the number of members of their group.
The rules are:
1) All students must keep their blindfold on
2) Only one student can talk at a time
3) When speaking only a number can be said
4) If more than one student speaks at a time the group must start again.
5) Each student can only say one number on each attempt.
The difficulty is for the students to make a strategy without being able to talk it through.
You can make this challenge easier / harder by not allowing certain strategies. Eg: Just numbering off going around the circle
It is possible to avoid the use of blindfolds by sitting in a circle with each student facing out.
If you want to make The Silent Countdown more challenging then join all of the groups together and get them complete the challenge.